Plymouth Sundance dies

I did'nt see a Plymouth forum so this is next closest.Sometimes when I come to a stop the eng. dies all of a sudden like I just turned off the key. It restarts after a few seconds and It won't happen again for days sometimes. The idle is according to specs.and it runs fine otherwise. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
rudyc

what year and engine size?

idle air control motor is probable, let's hear the responses once we get a year and engine size.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Its either a 2.2 or 2.5. It could be a number of things. A MAP or TPS sensor could cause thing. A Distributor pickup plate or a worn out rotor button could also cause this. Was the power loss lite on? Visit this site and let me know if there were any faults stored

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry ,I forgot to say the year. It's an '88 with a 4 cyl 2.2 L.

Reply to
rudyc

repost