Plymouth Voyager 1991 not starting

Hi, I have a Plymouth Voyager 1991, 3.3L V6 engine. When I turn the key the engine cranks but does not start. Sometimes it runs for an additional

1-2 seconds but then dies again. The self diagnosis system gives the codes 41 (Fault In Charging System Or No Field Current) and 25 (AIS Motor Drive Circuit). Any suggestions on how to find out what is wrong ? Thanks Gabriele
Reply to
gasimi

Well, the AIS code is a pretty good indication. Will it start and continue running if you hold the gas pedal about 1/2 way down while cranking?

The 41 means you've got charging system problems you'd better fix if you want to go very far once you get it started...

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern