possible fuel pump gone

i was driving my new yorker when it felt like i ran out of gas. it just was tryna stop i kept pressing the gas to get me out of the street. then i got some gas like 7 bucks. i tried to start car and it starts but the gas pedal goes all da way down like no gas gettin to my foot i dont here a vroom or nothing. prior to that my car was ticking but i kept oil in the car i think that was a lifter that needed to be fixed but i think i need a fuel pump what do u think? please help me asap

Reply to
girlmechanic

Timing chain/belt perhaps? What size engine is this and what year?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

my engine is a size 3 something and a 89

Reply to
girlmechanic

Key your VIN into the online carfax.com and it should tell you the engine size

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt