Power Module Compatibility ???

Hi all, I have a '86 New Yorker with a 2.2L Turbo engine and a 3 speed automatic tranny. My power module seems to be acting up. I found a person who has a '86 Dodge Daytona with a 2.2L Turbo engine and a

5 speed manual tranny. Both have the same pin configuration.

Does anyone know if they will interchange?

I tried the local parts yards but have had no luck. This is the closest I've come.

Thank you,

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse

The lockup torque converter will no longer function, but it ought to run more or less OK.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Dan, Since my 3-speed automatic tranny is not an overdrive, would it actually have a lock-up torque converter?

Thanks for al the help.

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse

Yes, most of the 3-speed autos do have lockup. *Some* of the ones used with turbo engines do not -- check for a power connection right next to the dipstick.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to