Power Steering Flush advice (2001 Intrpeid 2.7L)

1) What method should I use to replace the entire volume of PS fluid ? I realize that changing just what is in the reservoir is not enough.

2) What fluid should I use to replace the original ? I've seen random discussions here about synthetic is OK; synthetic is not OK; use only Mopar; use anything.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Reply to
Phil T

Use ATF+4 as DC currently recommends. Disconnect one end of return line, start it up, add new fluid while old fluid drains into catch bucket; having helper turn steering wheel from lock to lock a couple of times during that process.

Bill Putney

Thanks Bill.

That method is pretty much what I was thinking about after eyeballing everything, but I wanted some reassurance. There's quite a healthy flow through that little reservoir when it's running.

Much appreciated....Phil

Bill Putney wrote:

Reply to
Phil T