Programming key for 2001 Neon

I have a 2001 Chrysler Neon. One of the keys was lost, so I checked and purchased a replacement. I am now looking instructions on how to program the key as I am sure it can be done by a combination of key turns in the ignition with the original and the new. Does anyone know how to do this correctly? The Key has the Texas Instrument transponder in it.

I need to have this completed as soon as possible, as I am leaving the province with this car this up coming Friday.

Thank you, Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike

Since you don't already have a programmed key fob you will need to have the DRB scan tool perform this.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mike

Mike I read your post wrong thinking you were programming a key fob. NEway, In order for the customer to program his own skim key you must have at least

2 keys in possession to program the 3rd. And this is only available on domestic vehicles or a country code of USA in the module. You are going to have to have the dealer connect the scan tool with the vehicle in order to program the key.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower