PT AC Question

Ok-

Question-

2003 PT, 2.6L engine. Automatic.

When the car is sitting still, while running with AC - When AC Compressor kicks in, it vibrates the car, even to the point it almost shuts off.

I've changed the PCV valve and hose from the valve to the throttle body, thinking this may help.

Any thoughts welcomed. Thanks for the time and input-

M.

Reply to
pe2

Check for a dirty throttle body and proper operation of the IAC motor.

Reply to
Mike

You A/C system is probably under a very high side pressure due to the radiator fan not turning on causing extreme load on the engine. The A/C fan must turn on as soon as the compressor kicks in.....make sure this fan turns on.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

On my PT Cruiser it was the fan assembly. I ordered on on ebay and installed it myself. Cured the problem.

Reply to
rfeirste