PT Cruiser Air Conditioning Problem

I have a 1 1/2 yr. old 2004 PT Cruiser. IN July, when I turned the air conditioning on there was none - only hot air blowing. Took it to the dealer, who charged it up. They found no leaks, but the freon (?) was gone; put a dye in it and I brought it back in in about 3 weeks. Still found no leaks.

The air coming into the car is not as cold as it was when I bought the car last year. It is cool but not cold like it was, Dealer says it is performing perfectly. I have 3 cars so I know what AC is supposed to feel like and the PT Cruiser does not get as cold as it did, nor is supposed to.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
CLK

Dodge-Him

Yeah, try another dealer. Any dealer can do the warrenty work, not just where you got the car.

Good luck; SRG

Reply to
SRG

I know this is not your problem, but the dash and the ducts in my 2001 PT gets very hot when the 90 degree sun beats down on it. When I turn the air on, I really don't get very cold air until the ducts are chilled.

Reply to
TomKan

I know this isn't his problem either but my right rear window won't go down when you push the up switch.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Chances are good you have lost at least some of the 134a again. Leaks don't heal themselves unfortunatley and if they don't see the leak iwth the dye, as others have already said, there is a decent chance that the evaporator is to blame. A good tech with a good sniffer should be able to find the leak in short order.

I would also try another dealer for the repair. Sound like the one you are dealing with doesn't want to bother with it.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Reply to
tim bur

I posted, "I know this is not your problem," I meant to say , "I know this is probably not your problem." You had a smart ass reply to my typo. But in a following post, you wrote, " and if they don't see the leak iwth the dye," I guess you meant to say 'with the dye." Nuff said.

Reply to
TomKan

The dealer is just trying to stall you until the warranty runs out, old trick.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

how about u running a ac performance test it's real easy all u need is a thermometer of quality that can be put on or in the center dash vent start up car let it run a few minutes with a/c on full blast and in recirc on a

90 degree day with 80 to 100% humidity the gauge should be 50 degrees or so post your results and i will compare t> > I have a 1 1/2 yr. old 2004 PT Cruiser. IN July, when I turned the air
Reply to
tim bur