PT Cruiser brake rotor thickness? & "stuck" pad.

Anyone know the stock thickness for a 2001 Limited front rotor (Haynes says it's cast into it but probably on the inside where I can't see it without removing)? By the way, almost all the wear is on the outside pad and the inside pad was stuck such that it had to be "hammered" loose. Anyone experienced this?

Reply to
jimhigh66

22.91mm /0.902 in is new Minimum 21.40mm/0.803

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks, Glenn. Jim H.

Reply to
jimhigh66

Lube the sliding pins. Use a flat file to remove 1/64th ~ 1/32nd inches from the area of the pad where it contacts the caliper. Some are so tight they begin to bind when expanded via the heat during application.

Reply to
wrench

Tnx "wrench" I decided to check the rear and found one side to have a similar problem. The 1st owner (about 2 years) stored it (in a barn) winters and drove mostly highway miles. I speculate it's possible there was so little brake usage some rust developed.

Reply to
jimhigh66