PT Cruiser Coolant Temperature Sensor - Location, anyone?

PT Cruiser, 2002.

Does anyone know where this Sensor is located? I have a Haynes aftermarket booket, but the picture is NOT worth a thousand words....the picture in their book is least to be desired...

Thanks in advance- pe2

Reply to
pe2

That's why people who've used aftermarket manuals in the past no longer do so.

Sorry I don't have answer - I don't own a PT.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Looking at the engine to the right of the oil dip stick it is under the intake manifold ,you can look up from down below , It's on the front of the block just below the head,in the middle.

Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

Hey jerry-

Thanks for the input. My basic '02 PT has only the one sensor by the radiator cap. Turns out-My fan motor was shot. $180-and 7 bolts/1 plug later, I had the new assembly installed with successful cooling of the engine!!

pe2

Reply to
pe2

Mine is also a 2002 with a senser on the block under intake. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

That senser by the cap is ' fan' senser. The senser for temp guage is on the block. Jerry

Jerry - OHIO