PT Cruiser - Low Brake Fluid -

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem. I have a 2002 PT Cruiser and I've had to fill my master cylinder. In fact the original fluid was so low that I could hardly see it at the bottom of the reservoir. I have not seen any fluid leaks on the ground or under the car. Where can it be going??? Do you think my master cylinder is the problem and will it need to be repaired or replaced???? Also, do you think this might be covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty??? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me. This is my first "NEW" car. So I don't know all the ins and outs about new car warranties and stuff. In all my 55 years of life this is a first for me. And does anyone know about the "tape-like" residue on the PT Cruiser Bumpers?? What can I do about this problem??

From, Jan Taupe PT Cruiser

Reply to
JAN - OHIO

[...]

SRG

Yes, pad ware will lower the fluid level. It is not recommend that one tops it off since it will have to be taken out to make room for the new pads. But I have never seen it go that low so take it back to the dealer to have it checked out. I believe the expanded warranty only covers the motor and transmission. Sounds like you need new pads. I like ceramic pads since they produce less black dust on the wheels.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard