pt cruiser repair manual

I am looking for a repair manual other than chrysler's $150.00 version, cannot find a haynes or chilton that says it goes to 2004

Reply to
fbjones

That's just as well. Both Haynes and Chilton manuals are garbage. The genuine Chrysler manual is very much worth the money, but if you absolutely will not pay it, a second preference is a $25 subscription to

.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
philthy

Does anyone know exactly what this chrysler site provides? What does it contain? Can you download? I am leery of spending my money until I know what exactly you get and thier site is rather vague on details.

thanks in advance for any information.

LEW

Reply to
wilson

I'm not sure what you are asking. The "Chrysler manual" is a bound paper manaul - not a web site.

is not an official Chrysler site. alldata offers a subscription for information for many different brands of vehicles.

Yes - you can print and/or save any and all info to your computer.

I have owned probably 10 of their subscriptions, 4 of which are currently active. Here's my take on alldata: The information they have is right out of the vehicle manufacturer's shop manual (FSM, or Factory Shop Manual). That can be good and bad. Good because the info. in an FSM is generally much, much more complete and accurate than aftermarket manuals. Bad in that if the manufacturer's FSM sucks, then the alldata info. will suck as well (in my experience, Chrysler FSM's are excellent; Ford and GM manuals are horrible).

However, the alldata information is not complete (much info. that is in the FSM is not data included with the subscription). IOW - they have the basic information, but not everything that is in the FSM.

One thing you *will* get with the subscription is the complete electrical schematics, and, again, they will not be worthless "typical" schematics like you find in aftermarket manauls - they are copies of the schematics that are in the FSM for the year and model of the vehicle.

Also, with the subscription, you get access to the complete TSB's that apply to your vehicle - that alone can be worth the subscription.

BTW - the first subscription is $25 (1 year). Any additional vehicles and/or any annual renewals are $15. Also, there are multi-year discounts, i.e, a 3-year renewal is $30, or $10/year.

For my main vehicles, I have both an FSM *and* an alldata subscription. For my less important vehicles, I only have the alldata, and only renew as needed, IOW, I might use it twice in a year, then let it expire, and renew only as needed for a particular repair job. Since I already have other vehicle subscriptions, I can re-activate a long expired subscription only as needed and only pay $14 for the renewal.

Bill Putney

Thanks. You ansered my question in more detail than I had a right to expect. It answered all my questions and it looks as if Alldata is what I need.

A side comment. At one time chrysler had a web site with manuals and repair information, but I can no longer find it, so I assume it disappeared along with some other parts of their web site.

Thanks again.

Lew

Reply to
wilson

Joseph Myers

I've just built a site with on-line TSB info, Recall info and crash test videos at:

No registrations or no signups. The most recent data available is there. Vin -

OldRoads