Pt Cruiser shift points

New 2006 PT Cruiser Touring Edition with n/a engine and auto transmission. Total road miles is 550 miles.

Other cars are a 2000 3ooM and a 95 T-Bird 4.6 v8.

I noticed compared to my other cars during around town driving the PT Cruiser shift points are very definitive. The engine sounds like some one is letting up on the gas and using the clutch on a manual tranny. Is this the way it should sound / be or do I need to disconnect the battery for awhile to zero out the auto transmission brains a let it relearn ? Nothing wrong with it... just different.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

Letting up on the gas to shift sound like you are talking about FluidDrive! Worked great in my 1949 Chrysler Windsor, just let off the gas and it would shift between gears.

Reply to
<CountFloyd

My Dad used to tell me about a semi automatic Dodge my Grandfather owned. You used a clutch to put it into gear and never had to shift after that ?

I still miss the pushbutton auto in my Dads 56 Dodge sedan and my 64 Dart.

I am going to pull the battery cable off for a half hour and reset the tranny. Maybe it learned some bad habits when the dealer drove it 45 miles from Fishkill to Nanuet.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stone

Hi...

Brings back memories :)

Had a 1/2 share in a '47 Chrysler. Best part of the durned thing was the heater :)

Anyway, it had a magical transmission. You had the choice of shifting it as you would any old manual transmission, or just putting it in

3rd and leaving it there just about the same as today's automatics. Memory's getting dim, but I think it might have been called fluid drive.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

I've had two cruisers. A 2001 Limited Edition and currently a 2003 GT. Both of them shift the same way you describe.

Reply to
Scott S Rogers