PY CRUISER REAR WINDOW WIPER QUESTION

Why is the wiper too long to wipe the window without going over the top of the window and leaving the top of the glass unwiped?? i got the correct wiper arm/blade installed and it's too long for the window.. Is there a smaller blade available? I mean one that is correct for the window. If this is the way it's supposed to be, TERRIBLE engineering!!!!!!

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

I have never seen a PT Cruiser with the problem you describe. Not any year, any package. Your PT did not ship with the problem you describe

You have the wrong wiper blade installed. It is as simple as that. If the wiper does indeed extend beyond the window surface, you have the wrong blade, or the blade is incorrectly installed.

I suggest you go to a Chrysler dealer and find out which blade is appropriate for your year/make/model.

Honu

Reply to
Hertz_Donut

Chrysler apparently uses nonstandard blades, at least for their PT Cruiser. I have the same experience with the rear wiper, the specified wiper blade extends beyond the bounds of the window area. I wasn't too worried as it actually clears a bit more of the visible window area. Because of my experience with the rear wiper, I measured the front wiper blades when it came time to replace them. I discovered that each blade was about a half inch shorter than the specified replacement. I guess Chrsyler wants you to purchase an OEM blade.

The only solutioin I could think of would be to drop to the next lower sized blade. I don't remember what size the rear takes, but for example, if it took a 17" blade, you would drop to a 16" blade. This of course would result in a bit of underwipe.

I just did a search on wiper blades for the PT, Drivewire lists the size of the rear blade at 16.7" so it is 3/10" under the specified 17" blade.

Reply to
Carl Keehn

Chrysler does not use a "non-standard" wiper blade in any of it's vehicles. The supply side implications of doing so would be enormous compared to any benefit it may bring.

If you look in the owners manual, the dimensions of the blades for drivers side front, passenger side front and the rear window wiper blades are given. They are all standard sizes, consistent with the blades that Chrysler uses on it's other vehicles.

I am supposing both you and the OP used a non-Chrysler source for the blade reference size, and that source was wrong. This is not as uncommon as you might think.

In the future, I would recommend using only the owner's manual for the blade sizes,

I have just completed an online search for the rear wiper blade for my personal 2007 PT Cruiser, and I found that the dealership where I bought my car charges a whopping $1.00 more than the best price I could find on Ebay. I think I can live with a "huge" difference like that for the ability to exchange or refund the blade with a real live person....

Honu

Reply to
Hertz_Donut