Questions about Chrysler Cirrus

I bought a 2000 Cirrus over the weekend. There are just a few annoying electrical problems:

  1. Power driver seat will not move forward. It is like the motor on the inside track is not working. Is there a way to find out what is wrong?

  1. After door is closed, the dome light takes 30 seconds to dim and turn off. Is this normal?

  2. There is no lighting in the A/C and Heating control panel. The lights for the A/C and window defogger buttons do come on when pushed.

Do I need to remove the entire control head to replace the bulbs, or find out what is not connected?

Thanks,

Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

A test lite

Yes it is normal

Some are made to be replaced, others you need to purchase the complete assembly, remove it and see if the front panel pops off after you take the knobs off

Glenn Beasley Chrsler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

It looks like the front panel can be removed. If I removed the radio, what is involved in removing the AC/Heat control unit? Are there cables to disconnect for the tempurature and vent/recirculate knobs?

Thanks,

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Once you remove the panel most of your questions will be answered. U will not have to disconnect the cables. Remove the knobs, loosen the control head from the dash and pull it slightly out. Then pop off the bezel. According to my catalog the bulb part number from the dealer is 5003937AA and there are 2 of them.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

That is what I wanted to know. I will try to take it out myself.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson