Radio

I need instructions for installing a stock radio in a 1990 Plymouth Sundance. On my first try it seemed as though the entire dashboard must be removed. Help would be appreciated.

Arnold

Reply to
adoom

On most Chrysler products of that era, just the panel around the radio needs to be removed. It is removed by gently pulling around the edges until the snaps pop out. Once it is loose, the ash try lamp will need to be removed from it's holder on the bottom of the panel. I am not sure if the Sundance has one or not.

Once the panel is removed, there will be two hex screws that hold the radio in. Does your Sundance already have a radio installed? I believe that even base models at least came with the AM/FM Stereo radio.

If you are installing a stock radio, you will just need to connect the black and grey connectors to the back, the antenna, and the ground strap.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

KM Thanks for the help. I was afraid to pry on the plastic panel around the radio and heater. I will give it a try ever so gentle.I let you know.

Arnold

Reply to
adoom

ATTN: KM

It worked, just as you said. Problem is the replacement radio won't turn on either. Must be something in the wiring. Fuse is good. Any helpful tips trying to trace the wires?

Arnold

Reply to
adoom

I am afraid that I can't help much there. A wiring diagram would probably be best if you can find one for that model. Should be included in the factory service manual. As a start, you might check the harness connectors to ensure that they are making good contact.

Is the LED clock on the radio face displaying? If not, neither power conductor to the radio is getter power.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Got the radio working, Again thanks for the help!

Arnold

Reply to
adoom