Rancho , BDS , or Pro Comp??

Looking for a little help with SUSPENSION from any of you Jeep enthusiasts out there. I've a '96 Cherokee,XJ, I just got it, it's a 2-door, 5-sp. green, and clean, and ready for upgrades. I'm planning to order a full exhaust with headers (maybe Gibson, I've heard they're all pretty comparable,,) an upgraded intake, and a full new SUSPENSION KIT w/ 3 in. lift.

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers told me they had a Pro Comp kit which was one of the best, they say it's as good or better than any Rancho, or such,, but then I later find out that Pro Comp is their line..? So, then I talked to a good local 4x4 center, who has nearly talked me into a new BDS kit instead, for about a hundred dollars more. I've always heard Rancho though also...

I'd like something good, with a taste of performance handling, and most definitely something comfortable (before this winter's torn up streets of Boston, where I do most of my driving.) I don't really do much 4-wheeling though, since I left Colorado three years ago. High speed street handling is also an interest of mine, although I don't need to sacrifice too much comfort. I just want the right kit though, and I'm torn between the two. Any suggestions?

with VW's in the past I've gone Boge, and then Bilstein, which I've since preferred, so I can appreciate quality in a suspension system. I do have a tendency to beat up my vehicles too, driving them hard, so something that will hold up, do the job, and even maybe carry a load once in a while is something I'd be looking for. The complete Pro Comp Kit is only about $500 though and they say its as good as just about anything out there.

Thank you in advance to any of you inspiring Jeepsters.

I really can't wait to start rallying this thing!

I've also heard about some nice cam or computer chip upgrade which is reliable and just then fully dials the 4.0 in... but I still need to look into it further.

thank you,, ben

Reply to
Ben-town