random lock/unlock problem fixed...I hope...LONG

My 2000 T&C Limited has had a problem with the locks locking/unlocking on their own. I located the power lock relays that the owner's manual and Haynes manual say are only serviceable by the dealer and neither gives there locations that I could find. I removed them, cleaned the contacts and replaced them. I also disconnected and reconnected the switch connected to the rear hatch lock cylinder. The van gave me no trouble today whereas before doing this the locks would've gone nuts many times. On the junction block under the dash there are relay locations numbered just above the relays which means you can't see the numbers with the relays plugged in. The top row has 2 relays with a yellow one in the far right slot on the top row.

--The first relay on the far left of the top row is numbered "relay #1". It has 56006707-95425c printed on the face of it. With this relay removed only the driver's door locks/unlocks with the key fob.

--The relay to the right of "relay #1" is "relay #2". It has

56006707-83159-2525 printed on the face of it. With this relay removed and #1 in place the driver's door only unlocks with the fob and will not lock with the fob.

--Below those relays is another row of relays. "relay #5" has

56006707-95425C printed on the face of it. Without #5 plugged in but with #1 and #2 plugged in all doors lock/unlock with the key cylinders and the fob except the driver's door lock.

--While using the fob to actuate the locks I heard a relay clicking under the hood. With a stethoscope I found that the HORN relay actuates every time the key or the fob is used to unlock to the doors. This I'm guessing is due to my van having a security system. If you reach in through an open window and unlock the doors the horn will go off. However if I pull this HORN relay the locks still work correctly. Thanks for everyone's help with this problem.

Reply to
davets

Grand, but have you made sure your horn still honks when you want it to?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Horn works. I put the HORN relay back in.

Reply to
davets