Re: 1999 dodge grand caravan brake pad wear

I have changed the front pads on my van and noticed that one

> side...the drivers side seems to have had more pad wear then the right > side. Is this normal or what...have not noticed any brake pull or > noise or excess heat from one side compared to the other. Both front > wheel turn freely when brakes are not applied. I have 107,000 miles > on it with original calipers.

No, it isn't normal. So, the calipers are original, but are the brake pads original? If they are, they are likely long overdue for replacement. If they aren't original, then it is possible, though not likely, that two different pads were installed and one had different wear characteristics than the other. Could also be binding of the caliper, but that would likely cause heat and smell that you would notice, though it if is only lightly dragging it might not be enough to get too hot, but still wear faster, especially after 107K miles.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting