Re: 96 T&C Wiper problem solved

Given the chance to check it, and with proper knowledge,, I have no doubt that the Dealer ship would have found your problem, because besides the multifunction switch being a known problem, so is the BCM loosing ground a well known problem for the wipers failing. A dealership has this experience. Todays problems are sometimes very complicated and the dealership technicians, no matter how well trained and knowledgable, sometimes have a difficult time diagnosing some things. The technician does not get enough credit from the general public for all of their hard efforts, and like said, does not get fairly compensated by the manufacturer. Why would they care anymore?? Why is your bcm remanned?- have you owned this vehicle since new?, Has it always gone to the dealer for repairs? Look closely at the whole picture.

Reply to
Galen

nice try but wrong we don't payed correctly under the flat rate system to take the time to find the true issue we get paid for replacing parts esp. under warranty and the customer is the real loser from this the bcm's are far and few that cause the wiper issue

99 % is from a bad wiper motor/park switch and a m.f.switch

Galen wrote:

Reply to
mic canic

you are right except on one issue the dealer techs that are flat rate give less than a %%&**)* if they do it right the first time by the way i have been fighting city hall for 6 years and have been winning untill recently intill the dealer went to the highest bidder and at the end

9of the m> sorry, maybe all of my techs are wrong then, maybe I need to consider
Reply to
mic canic

Let's see...

The dealership bills D-C $70+ per labor hour, they pay their mechanics $20, sometimes more, often times much less.

Seems to me the dealership has some wiggle room when it comes to technician compensation.

Don't wait for the OEMs to come around, they aren't. As a matter of fact it's only going to get worse because they view us all as expendable, just another asshole with a pulse and there are plenty more at the tech schools eagerly believing the smoke they blow up their asses.

Lance Mossman wrote an excellent editorial which is published on Jim Wilson's "Flatrater" website, and although Lance works in a GM dealership in Canada, having worked for Chrysler, GM, Ford, Ford, Ford Chrysler myself, I say he hit the bullseye with it.

Ya know, since I quit subsidizing the OEMs labor ops (don't do dealerships anymore) I haven't found myself saying "you need to add a little more foundry sand to the vaseline."

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Could this be the source of my problem too? I have a door whose power lock works "sometimes".

Thanks,

Ray B.

1997 Town & Country LXI
Reply to