Re: Changing piston rings on 3.0L V6 chrysler

..Its actually more of a nightmare to remove the engine. You have to disconnect the exhaust system, the motor mounts, the transmission, geeze - so many things will come up. You can leave the tranny connected - depending on exactly what car were talking about, but sometimes youll have to remove part of the front bodywork, radiator, etc....bla, bla, bla per the Mopar Man

So long as the public doesnt demand R R the entire power train in 60 minutes flat by a two man team, DM is going to keep peddling the four wheel abominations fools continue to lay down hard-earned cash for.

A clutch replacement should be a 15 minute drop in.

The fuel injectors should not take more than a minute each for access and individual testing for function.

Need I go on? Your $30,000 "investments" are essentially throwaways after the warranty runs out. They are just too expensive to fix, if they can be fixed. I say that because design deficiencies keep rearing their ugly heads like fatally flawed electronic trashmissions. Imagine that, cars have been around for 120 years and they havent been perfected yet! I know that to be a fact because with each new model year, the factories tell us theyre new and improved!!

Expect the new technology to come along in the near future to make cars even more expensive and even more unreliable. Fuel cells, hybrid drive, engine-generator-motor drives, gasoline-battery drives, and last, but not least, sunlight-pedal powered fabric-over-frame models like the Cheks used to make behind the Iron Curtain.

Reply to
Anonymous Sender

With another words buy an old car. I know, it's a nightmare just to change light bulb on Audi cars. This all just because workshops can make easy money.

"Anonymous Sender" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@remailer.metacolo.com...

minutes flat by a two man team, DM is going to keep peddling the four wheel abominations fools continue to lay down hard-earned cash for.

individual testing for function.

the warranty runs out. They are just too expensive to fix, if they can be fixed. I say that because design deficiencies keep rearing their ugly heads like fatally flawed electronic trashmissions. Imagine that, cars have been around for 120 years and they havent been perfected yet! I know that to be a fact because with each new model year, the factories tell us theyre new and improved!!

even more expensive and even more unreliable. Fuel cells, hybrid drive, engine-generator-motor drives, gasoline-battery drives, and last, but not least, sunlight-pedal powered fabric-over-frame models like the Cheks used to make behind the Iron Curtain.

Reply to
Axl

That is in response to competitive pressures, not as a result of any inherent improvement build quality. Anyway it's a joke, all they are doing is tacking on an extra $1000 or $2000 to the cost of the car to cover the warranty, it's no different than 3 years ago when the cars were $2000 cheaper, and people bought them with 3 year warranties then spent an extra $2K for the extended warranty. All of the automakers are doing this because they have all now managed to raise the price of a new car so high that most new car buyers end up spending the rest of their lives making a $300 a month car payment. (because by the time the car is paid off, it's worn out)

The system today is little more than a subscription service to essentially permanently "rent" a vehicle from an automaker. The automakers are doing today exactly what the banks do with residential property.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt