Re: Chrysler Grand Caravan 2000 Fan single-speed operation

The passenger area heating/cooling (air circulation) fan has converted

> itself to two-speed operation: Off, and 100%. The 4 slower speeds no longer > work. > > Before I disassemble the dash and have a look, does anyone want to make a > guess at a diagnosis? Does this require a new switch (if there is one wire > from the rotary switch to the fan motor then this would be my guess). Is > there a resistor block somewhere> Loose wire. Bad fan motor?

Just a follow-up to close the loop.... the symptoms are classic of problems with the fan resistor - gee, I didn't even know one existed. $20 part, and the only challenge is getting it past the air conditioning line to install it (it plugs through the firewall, installed from the engine side, on the passenger side of the vehicle. I presume the resistive coils are in the air-flow path for the ventiliation system.

Thanks for the emailed responses.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mantle