Re: Chrysler's Redemption: A Flying Car!

The only merit I can see to the idea is that dumb morons will go out and

> immediately buy one, then fly it into the nearest powerline and kill > themselves, > thus ridding the rest of us of their idiocy. > > Ted

Hey Nomen, you going to go buy one?

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Designing and manufacturing a car that flies would be pretty easy. Making one that lands is the hard part.

Reply to
Art Begun

They say the hardest part about flying is the ground.

Reply to
Joe

I think we're making more progress getting them thar cars to swim...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I haven't read the story yet, but the current issue of Esquire magazine shows a prototype for a flying car. I think it's a VTOL.

At least since the late 1950's, and probably before then, flying small planes or flying cars have intermittently been proposed as car alternatives. The thing that would scare me is that there are so many more things to worry about in a plane than there are in a car. At least when a drunk driver speeds through my neighborhood, I don't have to worry about him crashing into my roof.

Reply to
Neil

Actually I remember an accident where the guy went off a high embankment and thru the air into someone's roof.

Reply to
Art Begun

Take a look at this link:

My brother worked at Moller International near the University of California in Davis for a number of years while this prototype was under development. It appears as though little has changed since he left and this may never be completed in my lifetime, but the concept has captured many imaginations since it was unveiled a decade or more ago. (No more highway traffic congestion and imagine living far away from the congested cities and commuting 200 miles each way in about the same time most travel 20 miles by car ...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

I realize freakish stuff like that does happen occasionally. Someone once accidentally took my old corner too fast, hopped the curb, and crashed into my neighbor's doorstep, but at least he didn't hit from the air. We've had a few other car-attacks-house wrecks in my city too.

(snip)

Reply to
Neil

Jeez-- they way people drive on solid ground, you want them FLYNG too!

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

Exactly.

(snip)