Re: Is this a useless ornament?

'02 300M had an argument with a mound of packed snow, which severely

> damaged the flimsy plastic piece that runs pretty much the full width of > the car, attached to the underside of the front bumper by push-in > plastic fasteners. > > Doe this thing serve any useful purpose? -- e.g., improving > aerodynamics, improving cooling (esp. of the disc brakes)? If I don't > like the cost of a replacement (even one from a wrecking yard), would > there be any significant disadvantage in simply pitching the old one and > going without? > > Perce

It is there for an airflow purpose. Now why would they waste money on an item that is seldom seen!

The one on my '86 LeBaron was flimsy like that, on my '95 Concord it's very well done. Sounds like the 300 has gone back to a cheap part, probably to pay for the useless chromed parts.

Reply to
Spam Hater

At some point I'm going to remove mine. I don't buy the argument that it's for air flow. At city-driving speed, you can't tell me that this thing actually does something.

Mine must be half worn-off by now because it's low and is always hitting parking curbs.

Use this as an opportunity to finally remove the damn thing.

Heck - it's the winter now anyways - and it's damn cold where I am. My 300 definately doesn't need more cooling at this point of the year. In fact, I should throw some cardboard under the bra to block the rad. It's god-damn -15C right now. Brutal. Where's the god-damn global warming?

Reply to
MoPar Man

Yes, it is designed to be destroyed by ordinary activities like parking in a lot so that you are continually buying new ones from the dealer at $100 a pop.

It is part of the new Chrysler marketing campaign "we make our money the old fashioned way - we stick people for completely useless pieces of plastic crap"

;-)

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt