Re: Late model Intrepid wheels on 93-97's?

> Do the late model Intrepid / Concorde (and 300M?) alloy wheels fit on the early > cars? > Car presently has the steel wheels, 16 x 6 I think is what they are. > 16 x 7's would be nice. > > Pete Geurds > Douglassville, PA

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but this link may help you decide:

I know for a fact that any 2nd gen. ('98, '99, ...) LH car wheels larger than 15 inches will fit *any* 2nd gen. LH car (15" wheel won't fit all of them because ones that came with 16" or larger wheels came with larger front rotors and steering knuckles that are too big for the 15" wheels - IOW, any 16" or larger 2nd gen. LH wheel will fit any 2nd gen. LH car).

From that fact, I'd say that since that link shows the 98+ 300M as same wheel specs. (bolt pattern, offset, hub bore, etc.) as the first gen. for a given size wheel, the answer is you can do it.

Bill Putney

BTW - you might want to consider doing what I did to save money (unless you have a good source for some OEM wheels): Take a look at some aftermarket alloys that have a similar look to some of the OEM 2nd gen. wheels. I got the Cello by Mille Miglia in 16" for my 2nd gen. Concorde. Here's a coupla pictures if you want to see what they look like:

You can get them at tirerack.com for around $135 each, painted. Not the lightest weight wheels, but look good IMO - just enough different from the OEM wheels to set it off nicely without being too "HEY! LOOK AT ME!".

Bill Putney

Bill, Thanks for the chart and photos. That's pretty much the style I was looking at on the later cars. The 97 we have has the 11 spoke hub caps which seem to mimic some of the alloy wheels I've seen.

Pete Geurds Douglassville, PA

Reply to
Pete Geurds