Re: Question about flushing Trans using Allpar.com method

ATF 3+ only. Mopar 7176. I get mine at AutoZone or Advance auto. They are about the cheapest.

Steve m..

I recently added fluid (2 quarts due to leakage I had at the oil cooler) to > my '89 Gr Caravan 4spd auto. The bottle said Chrysler approved. Everything > was operating normally until a few days ago, the trans started to shift > slow. Yesterday the trans stuck in 2nd gear so I haven't driven it since > then. I did take a look at the bottles I added and saw in small print "not > for use in applications requiring specific Chrysler fluid". My mistake for > buying Wal-Mart oil. > I am hoping that flushing the fluid will fix this problem. > First, Do I use ATF+3 or Dexron II for the flush? > Second, by using the method of disconnecting the return line from the > cooler, this will flush through all the transmission? Including converter? > > Thanks for any help and I welcome any additional tips on this! > Ric > >
Reply to
Steve m...