Re: replacing brake lines

My question is: The line that i bent doesn't bend exactly like the line I

> took out but does follow the same general path.

So long as it doesn't hit anything and nothing hits it, it will be fine.

being perfect but I think they will do the job. There was a clip holding > the old line to the axle but I didn't re-install it on the new line b/c I > figured that the steel clip will rub on the steel line thus eventually > puncturing the line. The factory line had the clip b/c the old line also > had a spring like winding around it to protect it.

I usually paint the brake lines I make and I'll use some vacume hose in place of the factory springs in the critical spots. Been doing it that way for years and never had a problem because of it.

Also the replacement line has the screw fittings on each end but the two are > different lengths of threads.

I've bought lines like that, doesn't matter unless one of ends it goes into is particularly deep. My guess is there are some cars out there that need the longer threaded fitting in some spots.

From what i've said does it sound like I installed these lines correctly?

Sounds fine.

The brakes work just fine and I didn't see any leaks and i even stomped on > the brake pedal to make sure it didn't sink to the floor.

After bleeding I assume.

Reply to
Brent P