Re: Water in Headlight Shell...(what-?!?)

> Hey guys > > ('95 Plymouth Voyager) > > Anyone ever had this happen-? Find water sloshing around in the > passenger side headlight enclosure-? The liquid contacted the bulb and > broke the glass. > > I can't figure it out--it's not from the radiator overflow bottle; the > halogen bulb was tightly installed, O-ring intact--couldn't find a path > for the water; no cracks in the shell. > > Rainwater-? Ghosts-? > > Thanx--buzzy

get a new headlight assembly and replace the O-ring.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel

NOT real unusual. Condensation build up. It can be taken care of by drilling a SMALL hole on the bottom corners of the headlights. You can do this without removing anything. Just drill SMALL hole into each corner on the bottom and watch the water flow out. Remember SMALL drill bit. The smallest size you have that will let the water flow out. Just leave it like that and you will not have the problem again. I have done that on Shadows, Escorts, mini vans, etc. GOOD LUCK

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

Thanks--I am surprised to learn of the lens/ reflector seal. I did drill a really tiny hole--about 1/16" in diameter. The liquid poured out and I have dried the inside with the low setting on a hair dryer. Love this hi-tech equipment.

I hope I can get a few more K's out of this car----I have removed the 2 bench seats and it's a really handy little pretend panel truck now. Tranny is still a little screwy. Oh, well.

cheers buzzy

Richard Benner Jr wrote:

Reply to