Re: Wow , did anyone see the new diesel delivery, passenger vans. Must be European.

Same as a Freightliner - made by Mercedes. Quite the truck!!!

Reply to
clare

some dealers are saying it's intended to replece the full size dodge van.

Reply to
Kevin

One of the car magazines did a test on the truck and they liked it. Better gas mileage than the full size vans and a bigger box too.

--------------- Alex

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

There was a write up about them in the Toronto Star a couple of weeks ago. Said that despite the low hp ratings it wasn't slow for a van. Lots of torque.

The website is from Canada so not sure if they are in the US yet.

They are a MB delivery van with options. I prefer the look of the real MB one. Its a good Van for someone who wants to haul a lot of cargo or a lot of people.

James Linn

Reply to
James Linn

Wow. Does it come in a window version? I've seen the cargo vans. I agree there's no mistaking its European background. I would bet it's superior in many ways to Dodge vans, but it's kinda ugly.

Reply to
Joe

If you go to the website I mentioned in the other post you can see all the configurations - passenger vs cargo and low roof versus high.

I've seen the Mercedes version, done up as a Fed Ex fleet truck, outside a Daimler Chrysler office. Its definitely better looking, but doubt that you could order one at your local MB dealer.

The article in the Star also mentioned the idea that its not a replacement for the RAM van - its generally bigger than that, and aimed at fleet sales -cargo, airport/corporate shuttles etc. I bet we will see a camping conversion too.

James

James Linn

Reply to
James Linn

I would bet its INFERIOR in EVERY way, and is ugly on top of that. Its hard to get a better van foundation than the Ram was.

Reply to
Steve