rear shocks on grand voyager

Hi all, I'm looking into replacing rear shocks on my 97 grang voyager with I believe the Novimex load levers shocks. I tried getting them at auto parts stores not available only found them at the dealers at $300.00 each. Has anyone found them anywhere else. I would like to replace them because of the mileage and time and they don't carry a load like they used to. Also are air shocks available for this van (last resort).

Thanks for any Help.

Reply to
Larry

Nivomat. You *CANNOT* just install the Nivomat shocks on a vehicle which did not originally have them. They are part of a complete system, and other different components are required.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
Larry

Ah! Well, then...what's your question about your N-I-V-O-M-A-T shocks? They're expensive to replace. That goes with the territory.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Try AutoParts Warehouse

PC Medic

Reply to
Larry

You may have an easier time finding them once you make the herculean effort to spell them correctly. So far you've written "Novomat", "Novimex", "Novomex", "Novimat" and a few others, just in this thread alone. That last one was almost close; you had all the right letters, just in the wrong order. Try again: N. I. V. O. M. A. T.

Now that you can spell it, learn about it. These units are made by ONE company: Boge. They are going to be several hundred dollars apiece; that is what they cost. There is no way to get around that, unless you're prepared to rip out the entire load-levelling system and install a conventional rear suspension. The shocks will then cost only about $40/ea or so, but you will have spent a great deal of money in the changeover, and you'll wind up with a less versatile rear suspension.

If your local dealer isn't cooperating, try

. Looks like cost from them is $319 apiece.

The magic don't come cheap!

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

He's probably keeps on spelling Nitovam wrong just to annoy you!

Reply to
Slartibartfast

Perhaps the OP is having difficulty finding the needed shox because in his first line he indicated he has a "grang voyager".

Ken

Slartibartfast wrote:

Reply to
Ken Pisichko