Rear wheel bearing Caravan

I have a 97 G Caravan with vibration at 60 mph and up - not through the steering wheel, but through the body of the van. Tire rotation makes no difference. One rear wheel has about 1/8" play top to bottom and left to right, the other is tight. I assume these wheel bearing/hub assemblies should be without any play whatsoever. Is this correct, and can this amout of play cause the vibration?

thks.

Reply to
Mike C1

You are correct about the play. That's bad. Usually bearings get a little noisy when they are pitted, but yours may still be smooth, so they might be quiet.

Reply to
Joe

Replace that wheel bearing. it is bad. comes with hub and all and is easy to replace

Glenn beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower