Removing Oil Pressure sender connector?

Can anyone explain how to remove the connector from the oil pressure sender on a 1997 Voyager 3.3L V6?

I can't figure out how to get the connector off the sender, so I cannot get a socket on the sender itself!

Thanks!

Reply to
Whoever

Find the lock tab on one of the flat sides of the connector, and lift it up (with e.g. a screwdriver) while pulling.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Maybe I'm wrong, but it does not seem to be so simple. I cannot see a tab that can simply be lifted, there are some red pieces sticking out of what I take to be the locking mechanism.

It looks like the mechanism is more complicated than simply a tab that can be lifted. What I think is the oil level sendor has a simple tab that can be lifted, but the oil pressure sender connector is more complicated.

Reply to
Whoever

Reply to
maxpower

I can see the red on both sides, do you mean that it slides out sideways? Should it slide out either way?

Can I buy a replacement connector? The local dealer's parts stores are closed today, so I cannot ask them.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Whoever

Reply to