replacement T&C headrest

Somehow I lost a headrest for my 01 T&C. Anyone have a recomendation for where to buy parts like this other than the Chrysler dealer? I haven't called the dealer yet and expect the price to be ridiculous.

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
Luke Packard

Interesting.....how do you loose a headrest? If you don't want to purchase from Chrysler go to your local Salvage yard.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Supposedly there was an initiative to get all the salvage yards to categorize their inventory and share it via the Internet. I know before the year 2000 all the salvage yards bragged about how they had an automated database.

Has this continued in a positive direction so that I can enter my zip code and choose either the closest or cheapest part via Internet query?

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask that question.

Also, Pep Boys and its competitors (Pep Boys is a Philadelphia company where I am) seem to carry parts like head rests too. It you still want *new*.

If someone has inside knowledge of an Internet based portal for used car parts, that is not a google or yahoo ad sponsored piece of bs, I'd like to read more. And, as a follow up, where did the funds come from to create such a project i.e. govt?

Reply to
ng_reader

Have you tried car-part.com? Seems to work okay.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson