Screw the big 3 auto makers. GO BANKTUPT!

The Big 3 have neither earned or deserve anykind of a bailout. FUCK' EM! Let them go under! These companies have ignored and cheated the public for years and built nothing but a lot of over-priced junk for too long. The GM Dealership wanted $20 for ONE single rubber fuel injector O-ring...............for ONE rubber O-ring!

I went accross the street HEP and bought all 4 rubber o-rings I needed for a dollar! FUCK GM, their grossly overpaid employees,....and there $20 a piece O- rings! FUCK THEM INTO BANKRUPTCY!!!!!! What the hell did you think was going to happen you greedy bastards!.

$100 for an ignition key! $200 to re-set the computer...... after I re- installed a new ignition lock myself!

20-30 years ago , the key would've cost under a dollar with no computer to have to re-encode. These are things one used to be able to do themselves without having to rely on the GM dealer gouging the consumer at every turn. The Big 3's work force are abunch over-paid premadonnas that will soon learn to have to live like the rest of us.

The Big 3's years of gougeing and bleeding the public dry (as well as hoarding fuel economy increasing devices) are now comming to an end.

I would love to see the bIG 3 get what they deserve....which is NO BAIL-OUT, total bankruptcy and massive lay-off's accross the board.

If anyone is looking for fuel injector O-rings for a 1998 chevy tracker, FUCK the GM dealership!.....you can get all four of them at any HEP store for about a dollar......GM wants about $20 a piece for ...A SINGLE ONE!

Reply to
Frank Grimes (Homer's Enemy)

part of any bail out has to be a major restructure in the way they work.

but the bad part is having enough to pay all their suppliers,

Reply to
rob

I've run into the same thing with imports - it's worse, in many cases since the aftermarket often doesen't have a substitute AT ALL.

You can thank the crowd of people in the US that are called "new car buyers" for that.

If you bought your car used, you opinion isn't worth shit, son.

If you bought your car new, did you look under the hood when you bought it? Did you tell the salesperson you wanted a car easy to service? Did you check with the parts guy for prices for some common parts before buying it?

If the answer is NO then you have your answer, seems to me.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

No-one bailed out the airlines as they went bankrupt and/or merged. Let the big 3 declare bankruptcy. They will emerge leaner and meaner. They will be able to terminate the pensions and lifetime healthcare benefits that cost a great portion of the cost of every new car sold. They will be able to renegotiate the union contracts and bring them back in line with the rest of the country. If the unions balk, let them strike. They will eventually realize that if they don't make the concessions, they and their rank and file members will both be without jobs. After the bankruptcy they will be able to hire new workers with new benefit packages and let the unions fall by the side.

Reply to
QX

AMEN: i'm with you on this,i have owned Chrysler vechicles for over 20 years and have been taken for,i must say that every new one that i have purchased i had to take it back to the dealer for something stupid within the first 3 months. now i must tell you that since own a couple of the makes,NOT GM or FORD, for over 2 years i have NOT had to take neither one of them back to the dealer for anything other than free oil changes and i have over

35K on both. Think about it now,do any of the other car makers have to be bail out? No, that's because they seem to care more about building a solid long lasting product. Shoudn't the big 3 ask themselfs a question,WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE WE DOING WRONG? We are building SHIT,while the others are building QUALITY and they also have PRIDE and 1000% better QUALITY CONTROL.
Reply to
Bentracer and Bentrider

While I agree that the big-3 need to re-focus on the existing market and fix the underlying root business issues, I do not believe that reliability/quality was one of them .

I can't comment on current US auto build and design quality, but can tell you that my family's last 6 new auto purchases (All US auto makers, primarily Chrysler: 1987 Chrysler LeBaron GTS, 1990 Dodge Caravan, 1996 Eagle/Chrysler Vision, 1999 Chrysler Minivan, 2001 Dodge Intrepid, 2004 Mercury/Ford Sable) have all been pretty much defect free during the 3 year/36K warranty period. The one exception was a cracked flex plate/flywheel on the 1999 T&C Minivan which was replaced under warranty at

37K miles. The older vehicles all went over 10 years/100K miles without issues. The exception there was the 1990 caravan which had two issues, both of which were design problems (air conditioner evaporator and 4-speed transmission). All other costs during ownership could be classified as basic maintenance or nuisance items. I will even say that none of the above vehicles (3 of which are still in the family and driven daily) burns a noticeable amount of oil during 3K mile interval changes or drips any fluids either on our garage floor.

In general, I've been pretty happy with the quality of all of the above referenced vehicles, especially compared to the 4 (GM-brands) vehicles I had purchased in the 1980's that preceded them.

Bob

I'm with you on this,i have owned Chrysler vechicles for over 20 years and have been taken for,i must say that every new one that i have purchased i had to take it back to the dealer for something stupid within the first 3 months. now i must tell you that since own a couple of the makes,NOT GM or FORD, for over 2 years i have NOT had to take neither one of them back to the dealer for anything other than free oil changes and i have over

35K on both. Think about it now,do any of the other car makers have to be bail out? No, that's because they seem to care more about building a solid long lasting product. Shoudn't the big 3 ask themselfs a question,WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE WE DOING WRONG? We are building SHIT,while the others are building QUALITY and they also have PRIDE and 1000% better QUALITY CONTROL.
Reply to
Bob Shuman

AMEN: i'm with you on this,i have owned Chrysler vechicles for over 20 years and have been taken for,i must say that every new one that i have purchased i had to take it back to the dealer for something stupid within the first 3 months. now i must tell you that since own a couple of the makes,NOT GM or FORD, for over 2 years i have NOT had to take neither one of them back to the dealer for anything other than free oil changes and i have over

35K on both. Think about it now,do any of the other car makers have to be bail out? No, that's because they seem to care more about building a solid long lasting product. Shoudn't the big 3 ask themselfs a question,WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE WE DOING WRONG? We are building SHIT,while the others are building QUALITY and they also have PRIDE and 1000% better QUALITY CONTROL.

look at imports all day long and you will see some big issues with them as well. and regardless of make or model, a dealer only part or repair will be damn expensive

Reply to
rob