Second Gen Neon rear Swaybar replacement

So thanks to our great roads, I managed to brake the rear sway bar on my 2001 Neon. The bar broke right at the eyelet where it mounts the the passenger linkage.

Does anyone know if there has any changes made to the sway bar arrangement on the Neons from 2000 through to the end of the SX 2.0 line? Could I be lucky enough to be able to use one off a first Gen Neon?

Up until this point, I have been unable to locate a bar at the local scrap yards or and the any of the local parts stores. I would assume that it could be a dealer part, but would probably be worth more then the car I am fixing.

Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike

If you're saying the sway bar itself broke, you might be surprised how little they cost.

Go to

and drill down for the part - I just did, and it lists for $80.20, their price is $56.14. But what thou do doest quickly - they're on the closing dealer list. They're in OH, but can ship anywhere - I get stuff from them all the time - shipped to VA. You'll be good to go for under $75 total out of pocket.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Correction on mopardiscountparts.com: I sent them a message telling them how sorry I was that they are on the list of dealers to be closed.

Got this email from them: "OUR STORE IS STAYING OPEN, IT WAS OUR BYERS DODGE STORE CLOSING. THEY ARE A STAND ALONE DEALER. WE ARE CHRYSLER DODGE AND JEEP NOW. SO WE ARE STILL SELLING PARTS."

Reply to
Bill Putney

When I had my 97 Neon, I remember that there was an online store that sold competition parts, oversized sway bars, and suspension upgrade kits. I think they were linked from one of the web-based Neon forums.

Reply to
QX