Serpintine Belt

I have a 96 Grand Voyager with the 3.3 liter. The belt has come off a number of times if I drive through heavy rain and go through puddles. Has any body had this experience? Dave

Reply to
davebz1a

I've not heard of nor seen it happen. It's possible the belt tensioner is getting weak. Or there could be a splash shield missing underneath.

Reply to
corning_d3

This has been pretty common with a van that we used to have, as well as a friend's van. Check to see if your tensioner is as tight as it's supposed to be, and check your belt to see if it's getting stretched and worn out.

Reply to
Robert Reynolds

It seems like there was a recall for this, that involved installing a different splash shield.

If there was a recall, go to this URL, and there is a place to enter the final 8 digits of your Voyager's VIN. It will display any recalls that have not been completed.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

Reply to
philthy

AH, that's right. I remember those from fuel rail recalls. Those things get brittle..

Reply to
corning_d3