Slipping transmission D´89 Caravan

Hi,

automatic 4-gear Dodge Caravan ´89. While pushing the pedal revs accelerate but nothing happens, until the gear "catches" and car jerks forward. Happens occasionally.

What´s wrong?

Regards, J.

Reply to
Jussi H.

We're talking about a 17 year old vehicle so it could be any number of things. This was the first year for this transmission. There were several updates to it over the years. Are you the original owner? If so, has the fluid been changed on a regular basis? Was the correct ATF3+ used when it was changed?

I would suggest taking it to a reputable transmission shop that is familiar with this transmission. It could be that a fluid change will solve it, or it could be more involved. Use a shop that has the proper scan tool that can check to ensure that the transmission controller has the latest software. Don't accept a only a "road test" as diagnosis.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson