Speed restrictor and warranty

Will removing a speed restrictor from a 300m void the warranty?

How exactly is the top speed controlled?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

well if ya wanna remove that your car will not speed anywhere ....for that matter go anywhere either. it is program controlled in the pcm. you might be able it disconnect the wire from the speed sensor but then you have no odo or speed and no cruise oh and then no warranty. good luck.

Reply to
wraithyjeep

I'm assuming you're talking about the restrictor in the intake hose. How much warranty do you still have left?

The top speed is controlled by the computer.

Reply to
Tom & Debbie Heintz

The limit is in the PCM firmware. Kenne Bell can program the limit out of 2001 and earlier - I don't know if that has changed.

You can do a search on the 300M Club forums where it has been discussed. These threads should get you started.

?t=4914&start=0 Bill Putney (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my adddress with the letter 'x')

Reply to
Bill Putney

/so wrote Bill Putney

Is it called a "hack"? Guitarman can program all the limitations out of your Wal-Mart set top DVD recorder.

Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer