Speedometer Problem

I have a 91' Chrysler Dynasty, 3.3 Litre automatic. The speedometer has been working intermittently. Occasionally it will work when I flash to pass, or turn on the high beams. Have even seen it bounce a couple times when the signal light is turned on. On most days, it seems to be tied to voltage fluctuations. Other days it seems to be tied to be related to temperature when it works.

Have read quite a bit on the internet. I haven't seen the solution to this particular problem, but seems like most problems are tied to the sensor on the transaxle. If I remove the sensor, is there any way to diagnose if the sensor is any good before replacing it? The sensor appears to be on the top of the transaxle - I'm assuming I can remove it without loosing any transmission fluid - am I correct?

Chris

Reply to
C. Bailey

Dave

Had exactly the same problem you describe. Replaced the sensor. Lost a few drops of fluid. All works wonderfully now.

Paul

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Paul Layman