Startengine Voyager 97

Hello,

The startengine of my Voyager 97 (new model) gave up today. It gives a continues ticking noise but doesn't turn the engine anymore. Is this a typical Voyager problem that can be repaired easily or should this startengine be replaced?

Thanks,

Hank

Reply to
henkvanloon456

A weak battery will cause a ticking sound when it doesn't have enough power to turn the starter motor.

Reply to
David Allen

Thanks... we checked that... having an additional battery from other car with engine running connected.. still the ticking noise.

Hank

Reply to
henkvanloon456

Hi Check out the starter motor's solenoid. Sometimes a bad solenoid can cause your problem. If so, a new solenoid is a lot cheaper than a new starter motor. Veel geluk.

Mort> Hello,

Reply to
Morton Linder

The next thing I would check would be the positive battery connections. Pull the positive cable off, scrape it with a knife or wirebrush, and reconnect it. Another suggestion: turn the headlights on and have someone stand in front of the vehicle while you try to start it. If the headlights go out (or dim almost to the point where you can't see them), it would indicate the problem is something to do with the battery. If the battery is okay, then it is likely a connection.

Reply to
Bryan

Ok it turned out to be the battery. Apparently the cable we used to feed with another battery is very poor quality. I don't know if I need to replace my battery yet but thank god there is nothing wrong with my startengine.

Thanks all for your concerns.

Hank

Reply to
henkvanloon456