Stock cassette/CD player in 1997 Town & Ctry skips on bu

Is this normal? We just bought this van and I replaced the cassette player with a cassette/cd combo that I got from the salvage yard. It plays fine, but even the slightest bump causes it to skip. Is this normal? Is there a remedy? Possibly I need new shocks/struts? Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
PIZ

It's not normal. Try getting a lens-cleaner disc and using it a few times. If that doesn't solve it, the unit needs repair.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote: > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, PIZ wrote: > > > Is this normal? We just bought this van and I replaced the > cassette > > player with a cassette/cd combo that I got from the salvage > yard. It > > plays fine, but even the slightest bump causes it to skip. > Is this > > normal? Is there a remedy? Possibly I need new > shocks/struts? Any > > help would be appreciated. > > It's not normal. Try getting a lens-cleaner disc and using it > a few times. > If that doesn't solve it, the unit needs repair.

Thanks. I called the salvage yard and they?re going to exchange it for a different one (Surprised they will do it). Thanks again.

Reply to
PIZ

"PIZ" wrote: > Thanks. I called the salvage yard and they're going to > exchange it for a different one (Surprised they will do it). > Thanks again.

It was a bad cd player. The replacement from the junkyard works perfectly. Thanks.

Reply to
PIZ