?? Swirl marks ??

I've been looking for newsgroups regarding this topic of detailing, but couldn't find any. All I want to know is what is the best way to get rid of swirl marks. I try not to wash my car at carwashes so I know I wont hurt the paint and know what I'm using and how. I use the waterless carwash liquid with a terry cloth. I love how it looks, but only on the shade, once it gets to the sun....it's a different story. I see the reflection of the sun with swirl marks around it. I know I can take it to a detail shop, but want to make sure there is no better/cheaper way to do it before I waste $100.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply to
JP

I hate to tell you but your paint's clearcoat is scratched if your seeing swirl marks. Your doing something incorrect when your washing it. My guess is it's the waterless carwash. If your really not using water on it, what is happening is when you put the liquid on the terry cloth towel and wipe it on your car, all the dirt is getting caught in the nap of the towel and being dragged across the finish, which is scratching the hell out of it.

You need to completely re-learn how to take care of your car's finish. I recommend you go to the following URL:

And watch the "Automotive Appearance Care Clinic"

After that you can watch the clinic on getting rid of swirl marks.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I agree with you Ted. I was going to send the same info. WATER is needed to WASH your car. Meguiars is the best. Some don't know that the MOPAR wax is made by Meguiars.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

there is a compound made by 3m and it's called hand glaze it's about 20 bucs for a

32 oz bottle and it with elbow greese will make the car look new. make sure the you do it out of the sun. it also works > I've been looking for newsgroups regarding this topic of detailing, but
Reply to
mic canic

Good videos...

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I've been looking for newsgroups regarding this topic of detailing, but couldn't find any. All I want to know is what is the best way to get rid of swirl marks. I try not to wash my car at carwashes so I know I wont hurt the paint and know what I'm using and how. I use the waterless carwash liquid with a terry cloth. I love how it looks, but only on the shade, once it gets to the sun....it's a different story. I see the reflection of the sun with swirl marks around it. I know I can take it to a detail shop, but want to make sure there is no better/cheaper way to do it before I waste $100.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply to
Sam Man

I've been looking for newsgroups regarding this topic of detailing, but couldn't find any. All I want to know is what is the best way to get rid of swirl marks. I try not to wash my car at carwashes so I know I wont hurt the paint and know what I'm using and how. I use the waterless carwash liquid with a terry cloth. I love how it looks, but only on the shade, once it gets to the sun....it's a different story. I see the reflection of the sun with swirl marks around it. I know I can take it to a detail shop, but want to make sure there is no better/cheaper way to do it before I waste $100.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Shulthiess

The glaze mic was probably referring to is for new paint (less than 30 days old), abrasive free, clear-coat safe, wax & silicone free.

OP would probably be better off using 3M One Step Cleaner Wax - Light Oxidation Remover.

Jim Shulthiess wrote:

Mike Behnke

Reply to
mic canic