T&C 1999 - false triggering of alarm system

I just bought a T&C 1999 Limited, it has a factory installed security system (Avital brand). The system is prone to false triggering, when we close a door or the hatch and sometime even when the hood is dropped to close. It does not happen all the time but randomly.

Is there a way to adjust the alarm threshold, or another way to fix it ?

Please advise,

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Netman

philthy

|> Is there a way to adjust the alarm threshold, or another way to fix it ? |>

|> Please advise, |>

|> Thanks |>

|> Matt | |If you are saying that dropping the hood is causing the alarm to go off due |to vibration this is not a factory alarm. If im misreading this and it is |factory installed you would need to connect a scan tool to the vehicle and |monitor the system alarm for the last set condition was. | |Glenn Beasley |Chrysler Tech | ================================================================

Hi Glenn:

When you say scan tool, do you mean OBDII scanner ?

I am told by the seller and the owner's manual notes it that the vehicle is equipped with a factory installed theft alarm that monitors doors and the hatch and has an audio component and a vehicle disablement feature.

The triggering of alarm may be just random because if the vibration should set it off, it should trigger it most of the time doors/hatch/hood are shut, but it does not, in fact most of the time when we unlock the vehicle with the remote, it turns off the security and it does stay that way until the vehicle re-arms itself after all doors remain closed for sometime.

The interesting thing is that the vehicle has an Avital brand remote and not a Chrysler remote and its panic button does not work, and it appears (my thought) that the false triggering may the turning on of the panic mode. I am hoping that getting a properly functioning remote might solve this problem.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Netman

Reply to
philthy

Hi:

You might be right. My info is based on what the seller told me and I am reading the Owner's manual for model year 2004 and applying it to 1999, because that is what I have been able to find. Interestingly, everything else from this manual ( grange door opener programming etc.) applied very well to the 1999.

Your observation is also corroborated by the fact that the remote that I received with the vehicle is a very flimsy transmitter of Avital brand (not a Chrysler brand).

I guess, I have to find a manual for 1999 first.

Matt

|avital is not a actroy system. code alarm is |there is a box that is tiestapped to the harness or steering colum that has a |adjustment on it to tone down the reaction of the shock sensor. if you do not |find one then look at the alarm module for a screw head type adjustment button |witha slot in the end | |Netman wrote: | |> I just bought a T&C 1999 Limited, it has a factory installed security system |> (Avital brand). The system is prone to false triggering, when we close a door |> or the hatch and sometime even when the hood is dropped to close. It does not |> happen all the time but randomly. |>

|> Is there a way to adjust the alarm threshold, or another way to fix it ? |>

|> Please advise, |>

|> Thanks |>

|> Matt

Reply to
Netman

If you are saying that dropping the hood is causing the alarm to go off due to vibration this is not a factory alarm. If im misreading this and it is factory installed you would need to connect a scan tool to the vehicle and monitor the system alarm for the last set condition was.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yes if it was Chrysler Equipped, since yours is not, it wont help

Reply to
maxpower