T&C Alarm reset

HEllo all, I hope omeone here can help me.

The alarm on my 99 T&C van is stuck on. I don't have the wireless key fobs so I have to use the key to lock/unlock the door which in turn enables and disables the theft system. The driver's side cylinder or lock sensor has been acting wierd so I've been relying on the passenger side. Today, both seem dead. I can unlock the doors but the usual "Hold the key and unlock all the doors" system seems to have failed. By disconnecting the battery for a moment I got it so that I can lock and unlock all the doors from any cyclinder but the alarm is still armed and so the ignition is disabled.

So I'm looking at maybe new cylinders? Or lock switches? But in the meantime, is there a way I can reset the whole system so I can at least avoid having to pay for a tow to the dealer? I'll leave the doors unlocked in the meantime if I have to but I'd really like to be able to drive the an this weekend. It's the only family car and we have a lot planned this weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
nobody

You need to replace the disarm switches on the key cylinders, if you are mechanically inclined it is easy to do. As far as disarming your alarm .....try the liftgate cylinder.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn,

Thanks for the response. I think I can tackle the disarm switches, I'm fairly handy and I have the Haynes manual. The Haynes manual, probably for security resons, doesn't show the disarm sitches at all though. They show the handle removal and cylinder removal in good detail. Will the disarm switches be fairly obvious?

As for the tailgate, the tailgate cylinder has never worked for that group unlock/alarm thing in the 4 months I've owned it.

After I do the switches will I need to rest the computer or anything, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Chad

Reply to
nobody

Assuming that the switches are causing your problem the system will disarm. Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Hey Glenn, If you're still around, one more question. I assume this will be a dealer only part. I saw in the Haynes manual where the switch appears to be independant of the key cylinder itself, is that correct? No need to re-key all the locks or anything?

I also read somewhere on a post regarding a Chrysler leBaron that there are two failure modes. On that can be fixed by arming and disarming via the driver's door an the other that requires a dealer scan tool to reset. Do I have to worry about that do you know?

Thanks again.

Chad

Reply to
nobody

Assuming your problem is the arm/disarm switches, all you need to do is install one or more. They are separate from the key cylinders. all you do is remove the door panel pop them off the key cylinder and connect them up. no scan tool or programming is required

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower