T&C brake dust fix

Have a '03 T&C Limited that has the chrome spoke type wheels. Brake dust accumulates on the fronts within just a few miles and is a real bugger to remove. (15k miles so far) Am considering replacing with ceramic pads to lessen the problem. Question: Any brand ceramic better than any other ? Any special tools required ? Have replaced pads on GM products, they require a special wrench for caliper removal. Chrysler ? ? Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated ! Thanks Zork

Reply to
Zork

Suggest you stop using the brakes.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I put ceramic pad from rockauto.com to solve the dust problem my 2003 lx. There were the only one who stocked the correct pads. And no, no special tools required unless you consider a torex special.

KS

Reply to
Kevin

Many people on various forums are really into the Akebono ProAct ceramics. I put some on my Concorde a couple of months ago, and they are doing very well (though I can't speak regarding dust because over a mile of my total commute each day to work is over a gravel road in a very dusty mining area). I have seen good comments (and no complaints) about that aspect on the forums though.

I have heard it claimed that a good ceramic will last the wear life of a rotor - not that they make the rotors wear any faster than other types of pads, but the the pads themselves wear very slowly (which would go hand-in-hand with low dusting).

You can order them from

- I assume they have them for the T&C, but you'll have to check.

Bill Putney

Reply to
jdoe

NAPA does not supply for 2003 T&C application.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
jdoe

I see also that Akebono ceramics are also not listed for the T&C Ltd. on the Tire Rack site, though they list an "SUV grade" pad, whatever that means. Probably not optimized for low dusting.

Bill Putney

This is just what I was looking for! I see on the ProAct web site they list Act857 and Act858 for 2004 Caravan with 16" wheels. I have a 2004 T&C Touring, as far as I know, these should fit on mine, correct? I ask as their web site doesn't list the T&C on the year 2004, but do for the other years.

Reply to
S_Allamand

Reply to
Zork

I got mine akebono from

Kevin

Don't go for the Raybestos ceramic brake pads-they wore out very early in my

98 T&C. Went back to semi-metallic. Get yourself some brake dust shields which help a lot. Greyhound
Reply to
Grey-hound

Not a big fan of brake dust shields... they claim that they don't let the brakes run hotter but I have a hard time believing that.

nate

Grey-hound wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel