T&C engine light

Have an '03 T&C with 60k miles. The check engine light just came on. I know that the dealer can check the computer and isolate the problem, but before I venture to them, was wondering if there was something that was commom to this van that I could expect to be the problem ? Would be nice to get a heads up if there is. Thanks ! Zork

Reply to
Zork

My '04 Caravan lit up that light and started running rough around 57K miles. Turned out that one of the plugs had died (worn out) -- although the maintenance schedule says to replace plugs & plug wires at 65K. Of course, why my "check engine" light went on, I also got a very rough running engine. Any symptoms besides the light? By the way, any good mechanic should be able to read out the codes for you -- no need for a dealer. (Experience counts, also: My mechanic said the code translation was "cylinder # such&such misfire" and it was their experience with these vehicles that told them it was the lugs/wires.)

Reply to
Ron Seiden

miles. The check engine light just came on.

A loose gas cap will cause the check engine light to come on. If it is loose, tighten it up and it will reset after a certain (I don't know how many) of restarts.

Reply to
gdcoxjr