T&C Seat Warmer Campaign

This past spring, I had my '99 T&C Limited into Chrysler to get the clockspring and seat warmer campaigns taken care of. The passenger seat had been working fine to that point, but the driver seat would get hot very quickly. It had to be turned off within 2 minutes of operation to save a very hot butt. The reworks took nearly all day, since it was one of the first this dealership had done.

I was told at that time that the new design would be slower overall to heat the seats. That was an understatement. The driver seat takes nearly 10 minutes before one might move the control from High to Low. I am not even sure that the passenger seat gets any warmer than the heat provided by the butt sitting on it.

What experiences are others having with this campaign repair?

Reply to
Piperson

The old seat element is still attached to the seat cover. the wires were the only thing removed. The new element is now attached to the seat cushion. It is just a tape design element which now has to transfer the heat not only thru the seat cover but now needs to go thru the old material seat element. Thus making the seat take longer to warm up and possibly not as hot.

Hope this makes sense!! Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
jdoe

You should have gotten the recall notice and it explains in there about what could happen, I have seen some seat covers with burn marks in them but most just become inop. The TSB does not give instructions. As you found out, they are in the box. If your vehicle is within the provisions of warranty (rust protection) have you talked to the dealer to see if it is covered?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
jdoe

When I was with DC and the recall came out, I was based in a Canadian Zone. We had one guy who complained before the recall came out, and the seat warmer burned through the leather, and his pants. Not very pleasant. The Service Rep sent the pants and entire seat to Detroit engineering. The Service Rep even had the guy sit in the Van with those pants on to prove they were from that area.

Reply to
harts

Hey!

Quit hijacking my thread. Start your own.

Strut tower repairs have noth> So Glenn

Reply to
Piperson

Reply to
jdoe

I used our 1999 T&C driver's side seat warmer today (outside temp was 10 degrees F) and it took exactly 7 minutes before I even felt the warmer was on. This compares to about 1 or 2 minutes max prior to the seat recall campaign. Seems consistent with your experience and Glenn's information. I agree it renders them pretty useless for short trips to the store, etc.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
jdoe

My 99 T&C had no burning issues before this recall and now I'm a bit disappointed that I had it done. After the dealer did the recall, I was convinced that the low setting was now not working at all. Further testing showed about a 15 minute response - by that time it's not needed! As far as I'm concerned, the option does not function as intended any more.

Has anyone had the process reversed by the dealer?

Will

Reply to
Will Halina

Reply to