T&C Service tire soon ?

My '03 with 9000 miles just spit out a computer message: 'Service tire system soon, see owners manual'. Couldn't find anything in the manual (might have missed it I suppose). But, what the heck does this mean ? ? Thanks ! Zork

Reply to
Zork

mic canic

Reply to
Zork

Perhaps they are reminding you to rotate the tires. Doesn't the manual call for them to be rotated every 7-10 K miles?

If the owners manual doesn't clear up your question, try asking the dealer.

Reply to
Carl Keehn

Reply to
Zork

I have an '04 T & C, (Platinum Edition, Touring Model), with similar equipment, I believe. Since the day I took delivery, (about March 24, 2004), the right rear wheel/tire combination has caused me to add about 5 lbs of air pressure every two and one-half, to three days. I believe it to be a faulty wheel, (based ONLY upon my experience with cast aluminum alloy wheels from years of aftermarket purchases for various MoPar hotrods, and having had this occur several times --- all replaced within a matter of days, by the retailer of those wheels, with the explanation that is's a common occurrance), and plan to seek some assistance from the dealer's service department, very soon. I purchased a wheel warranty/insurance coverage, in the event that the wheels become damaged, in some event, (my cost was nearly $200), and I'm not sure HOWthis issue will be handled, the dealer/manufacturer, or the warranty/insurance policy, but somebody better be willing to step up to the plate, soon after I get there, and explain my delemna. What do you think??

God Bless, Dan'L

Fun to Read:

Dan Larsen

I think what you believe would mean more if it were proven. Why not simply spray some soapy water on the valve stem for starters to see if it bubbles. Having worked with cars for some time I can tell you that the valve stem is more apt to be the cause then the wheel.

Reply to
PC Medic

snipped-for-privacy@home.net offers sage advice:

Okay, . . . . Well, maybe I forgot to mention that I've been around cars long enough, that after about a week's worth of battling this errant wheel/tire combination, for a good starter, I used my handi-dandi impact wrench to remove the wheel/tire ass'y, and couped with my handdi-dandi garden variety hose, hooked to the utility sink in my garage, and a few droplets of Ivory© Brand dishwashing liquid, I checked both the valve stem and both beads for slow leaks, to no avail. About the only test I didn't perform, was a complete submersion test, to properly check the wheel, but I thought I noticed a couple of small bubbles coming from the back side of two of the nine spokes that make up the center of the wheel, both in the area, where the center spokes meet with the wheel's rim area, but the casting is so pourous in both areas, (as well as two other, similar pourous areas on that same wheel --- not noticable on any of the other three wheels, BTW), that it was difficult to discern the source of those three or four VERY small bubbles. The "soapy-squirt/bubble-test" was, in my distinctly amateur mechanical opinion, was a complete failure, as the results had to be chalked up as "inconclusive," requiring a trip to the dealer, to test out their service department's response to this kind of wheel/tire issue.

Maybe I should also inform you that the dealer where I bought the vehicle, is a professional client of mine, and I get along famously, with the Service Manager, and a number of his Service Writers, so I did this stuff, to keep from looking like the mechanical fool you thought me to be, when I DO take it in, . . . . but then, . . . they already know me to have owned all those hotrods, and prolly wouldn't think me a fool, in any case.

God Bless, Dan'L

Fun to Read:

Dan Larsen

I BELIEVE I KNOW WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU IN ANY WAY

Reply to
s61948f