thepartsbin.com. They take your money but don't count on getting parts

Ordered a bunch of new brake parts for the Dodge from Thepartsbin.com. The parts never came. I can't get in touch with a real person. Won't respond to emails. Got ripped off. Time for a credit card dispute. . Hopefully this will save some of you the same hassle

Reply to
Tim Wright

I learned my lesson early on and I hardly ever do any business over the net except for some custom parts. I get all the general maintenances stuff from a local auto parts place it is easier to return them and if it is not in stock it is here the next day. Lower cost does not always equate to the cheapest price. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I have had very good luck with auto parts giant at:

Prices are pretty good, no state sales tax, and fairly good about shipping quickly. Placed many orders and always got the goods as promised. They also run 10% off "email coupons" several times a year as well for repeat customers. YMMV.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

wow, they have 4 phone numbers on the site, and no-one answers?

Reply to
Punch

And you can't cancel your payment with your CC why? exactly?

Reply to
VideoDude

I am curious to know when the OP's incident took place. I seem to recall he has posted this 'warning' before.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I've had the exact opposite experience with

I've ordered Brembo brake rotors and other parts for my daughter's '87 SAAB

900S and my son's '96 Mitsubishi Galant, and they've delivered them in only a few days by FedEx Ground. I just ordered some parts for my '94 Grand Caravan ES, and they just arrived today.

Strange, I've never had a problem with them. My experience goes back about three years with them, and again, never a problem.

Reply to
w9cw

Some possibilities for OP:

- genuine customer who had a genuine problem once, but he never explains, and is now so angry that he keeps posting (also on other NGs).

- disgruntled ex-employee.

- current employee of supplier or market research company testing market reaction to negative comments... :-)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling