Time to replace the 92 t&C?

It may well be time to get a new Town and Country (or rather - newer) as mine is getting long in the tooth. The trouble is I see most of the newer ones that are loaded have the 3.8 instead of the 3.3 which I have heard excellent things about and has served me very well. What year and Model seem to be the most reliable? I like the circa 2001 Limited but they have the 3.8. Are those motors just as good? I need loaded with leather at a reasonable price and good mpg but reliability is most important so should I avoid the 3.8 (or Chrysler altogether?) Say it ain't so! Opinions please.

Reply to
Dan

The 2003 Limited should fit the bill. They had most of the bugs worked out by then. The 3.8 is an excellent part.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

The 3.8 is identical to the 3.3 except for cylinder dimensions. Its just as reliable, and has a lot more torque available at low RPM- better for heavier vehicles.

Reply to
Steve

They are virtually the same engine, identical in all design and build details except for the displacement ("size") difference, and are equally durable and dependable. Fuel economy is obviously lower with the 3.8.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The 3.8 while almost identical is the better engine in the larger van. In my experience having owned 2 extended vans with 3.3's and 2 with 3.8 I find the

Reply to
jdoe